Date:      Tue, 26 Mar 2002 02:57:26 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Ilmar S. Habibulin" <ilmar@watson.org>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Miguel Mendez <flynn@energyhq.homeip.net>, <hiten@uk.FreeBSD.org>, <current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: BTX halted

On Mon, 25 Mar 2002, Michael Smith wrote:

> Please don't file a PR against something like this in -current until
> you've established that it's not a transient problem.
>
> In this case, it looks like a possibly corrupt kernel; you're dying very
> early on after jumping into the kernel.
Someone already pointed out, that this problem can be in corrupted kernel
floppy image. I have the same problem building release of different dates.
Floppies and cdrom install crashes with the same error, but if you try to
boot kernel from hdd - all seems to work. I tried to find this dramatic
change in release makefiles, but nothing seems to be suspicious to me.