Date:      Thu, 17 Mar 2005 08:01:57 -0800
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Michael C. Shultz" <ringworm01@gmail.com>, "RacerX" <racerx@makeworld.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Stupid ASCII loader prompt

It's important to understand that there's only 1 or 2 of the core
members that have sticks up their ass about this issue.  The rest
of them don't understand why it's necessary to waste time or labor
on this issue.

The question then becomes if your a core member, are you going to
bother to spend time on a logo change or not?  If the 1 or 2 core
members come up with a different logo, the rest of core probably isn't
going to expend effort on changing the logo, and all the work to do
this will rest on the shoulders of the 1 or 2 malcontents.

What I think is going to end up happening if they do get a decent
logo out of this contest, is that ultimately your going to see the
new logo used in a few places here and there on the Internet, and
your going to see beastie used at most other places.  It will simply
present more confusion to non-FreeBSD users if it does anything at
all.  Most likely it will do nothing at all, in the same way that
GM for example uses multiple brands for the same iron.

Ted