Date:      Sat, 20 Oct 2007 16:20:34 +0300
From:      "Niki Denev" <nike_d@cytexbg.com>
To:        Netan <sunnyrama@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dump kernel routing table

On 10/20/07, Netan <sunnyrama@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/19/07, Stephen Clark <Stephen.Clark@seclark.us> wrote:
> >
> > Netan wrote:
> >
> > >Hello
> > >
> > >I am using the CURRENT release. I wish to dump the kernel routing table.
> > >think there was a sysctl interface in 4.x FreeBSD release to print it
> > from
> > >userspace. Is there a way to do it now ?..
> > >
> > >Sunny
> > >

> > netstat -rn
>

> All these all the rtentry's in the radix trie ? Or they distilled during
> netstat -rn output ?
>
> Sunny
>
> --
> >
> > "They that give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety,
> > deserve neither liberty nor safety."  (Ben Franklin)
> >
> > "The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty
> > decreases."  (Thomas Jefferson)

Maybe you need "-A" switch?

     netstat -r [-AanW] [-f address_family] [-M core] [-N system]
             Display the contents of all routing tables, or a routing table
             for a particular address_family.  If -A is also present, show the
             contents of the internal Patricia tree structures; used for
             debugging.  If -a is also present, show protocol-cloned routes
             (routes generated by an RTF_PRCLONING parent route); normally
             these routes are not shown.  When -W is also present, show the
             path MTU for each route, and print interface names with a wider
             field size.

hth,
niki