Date:      Mon, 14 Feb 2000 21:11:06 -0500
From:      bbommarito@netexp.com (Bommarito, Brian)
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Change to NetaTalk startup script

--------------50604964E16175BA3901B3CD

I had to make a few changes to the Netatalk startup script to make it
function properly. Now, this may be my system, and it may just be a bit
weird, but also, to make it work when called from a command, I had to
make the following changes to it. The file has been attached, and this
is the one from the netatalk, not netatalk+asun. Just thought it might
be of some use.
--------------50604964E16175BA3901B3CD

#!/bin/sh
#
# AppleTalk daemons. Make sure not to start atalkd in the background:
# its data structures must have time to stablize before running the
# other processes.
#
PREFIX=/usr/local
if [ "x${PREFIX}" = "x/" ]; then
        printf "\nnetatalk: Cannot determine PREFIX.\n" >&2
        exit 64
fi
HOSTNAME=`hostname|sed 's/\..*$//'`

case $1 in
        start)  echo -n ' netatalk'
                ${PREFIX}/libexec/atalkd
                ${PREFIX}/bin/nbprgstr -p 4 ${HOSTNAME}:Workstation &
                ${PREFIX}/bin/nbprgstr -p 4 ${HOSTNAME}:netatalk &
                ${PREFIX}/libexec/papd
                ${PREFIX}/libexec/afpd -s ${PREFIX}/etc/AppleVolumes.system \
                -f ${PREFIX}/etc/AppleVolumes.default
                ;;

	stop)   killall afpd
                killall papd