Date:      Tue, 17 Aug 1999 07:37:12 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        dannyman <dannyman@dannyland.org>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Using legacy sysinstall to upgrade live system

On Mon, 16 Aug 1999 17:48:22 MST, dannyman wrote:

> The point of it is, it's easy enough to download the floppies, but
> it's really hard to boot a system off an .flp image. :p

Presumably you saw the posted trick about dd'ing the floppy image to
your swap partition and booting off _that_? :-)

> But, on to my original question, has anybody been looking at a more
> "user friendly" "upgrade the darn thing *REAL EASY*" kind of setup?
> maybe invoke a networked pkg_add to run the latest sysinstall w
> dependencies?

Your original question? I started this thread. ;-)

The best answer someone who is neither omniscient nor omnipresent can
give you is I expect I'd be surprised to find that anybody was working
on such a thing. Assume that further silence on the issue confirms that
feeling.

I've seen lots of people come up with ideas that they felt were good and
worthy of lots of argument, but the ideas always seem to be all talk(1)
and no diff(1).

;-)

Ciao,
Sheldon.