Date:      Tue, 13 Apr 2004 00:42:05 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Victor Ivanov <v0rbiz@icon.bg>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gnome crashing + keyboard problem

--=-OzkRavfiibFG7RbhZWAv

On Sun, 2004-04-11 at 06:50, Victor Ivanov wrote:
> Hi there
>=20
> This is a little problem, the keyboard in the terminal program (which loo=
ks
> to be a xterm) behaves really strange. It misses keystrokes, repeats othe=
> and generally makes the terminal unusable.
>=20
> While running xterm with a different window manager (xfce4 for example)
> everything's just fine.
>=20
> Another problem is 'gnome-settings-daemon' crashing right after the initi=
al
> splash screen when starting the session. I tried the 'Inform' option but
> it locked up the window manager (ctrl-alt-backspace was needed).
>=20
> I haven't tried other applications under gnome. I just depend too much on
> a working terminal.
>=20
> The versions are, FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE-p4, gnome 2.6 portupgraded from
> two days ago. pkg_version -L =3D | wc -l displays 0 after the portupgrade=
.
>=20
> I'll cvsup the ports collection right after sending this mail and try
> to upgrade what's not up to date (if there's such thing). I have near
> 600 ports installed right now :/
>=20
> I can try deleting everything and rebuilding again but right now
> 312 ports depend on 'pkgconfig' and with my slow CPU I'll have an unusabl=
> workstation for a really long time :(

How did you upgrade to GNOME 2.6?  If you didn't use the method
documented at http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/faq26.html, then shame
on you.  You should consider blowing away your GNOME 2.6 install, and
redoing it from scratch, or installing the 5.2.1 packages from
http://www.marcuscom.com/tinderbox.

Joe

>=20
> Regards