Date:      Fri, 2 Aug 2013 08:53:00 -0500
From:      Adam Vande More <amvandemore@gmail.com>
To:        Alex Povolotsky <tarkhil@over.ru>
Cc:        "freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org" <freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Running oracle client under FreeBSD

On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 8:33 AM, Alex Povolotsky <tarkhil@over.ru> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I'm going to run Oracle client on a FreeBSD amd64 9.1-RELEASE box.
>
> As far as I can understand, amd64 emulation is never really started; linux
> emulator in kernel is limited to (somehow ancient) osrelease=2.6.16.
>
> What are the nowadays working way to run native Linux binaries? Some
> 2.6.16-compartible distro? VirtualBox? qemu? If qemu, what qemu config is
> the most stable?

The linuxulator has never been able to run 64bit linux binaries.

Most linux bins will work even if they have been compiled against a newer
kernel.  Only bins that utilize newer syscalls wouldn't work usually.

The handbook contains the information that is needed to use as is, although
I'm sure further dev on the linuxulator would be appreciated too.

--
Adam Vande More