Date:      Sun, 07 Mar 1999 07:27:45 -0500
From:      "Mark S. Reichman" <mark@borg.com>
To:        Mark Hannon <mark.hannon@stockholm.mail.telia.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Use extended partition for FreeBSD?

Yeah, I see your point.  I wacked the entire extended partition
when I did it. .You want to free up wd0s6 which exists inside wd0s2.(?)
I am not exactly sure but, what you want to do is prolly not possible.
You might be able to do something like this though:

1) copy contents of wd0s2 to either wd0s1 or wd0s3, if you have room.
2) wack wd0s2
3) make a new freebsd slice as big as you want.
4) make the leftovers back into a extended fat partition.  (how? I dont know)
5) copy old wd0s2 back to new fat partition.

Or...  Buy another disk.. Hehe..

Try searching old usenet posts about this.  You cant be the first
to want to attempt something like this.  http://www.dejanews.com

Even after duplicating a FreeBSD system from one disk
to another, I would have to say I am still not an expert
in this area.  Maybe someone else has a better option.
Like I said before, when you do get this figured,
/stand/sysintall is the easiest way to do it.

                    Later Mark

--

                    \|/
                   (@ @)