Date:      Fri, 3 Mar 1995 08:09:29 -0700
From:      kelly@fsl.noaa.gov (Sean Kelly)
To:        mathezer@cpsc.ucalgary.ca
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: SB16 in 2.0-RELEASE

    Steve> I am trying to get 2.0-RELEASE to see my sb16, but I can't
    Steve> figure out what I need to do to get my kernel compiled with
    Steve> support for it.

This works for me (where ``works'' means ``cat Doh.au >/dev/audio''
produces ``Doh!'' on the speakers).

options EXCLUDE_GUS             # NO GUS support
options EXCLUDE_GUS_IODETECT    # NO GUS io detection
options EXCLUDE_GUSMAX
options "EXCLUDE_GUS16"
options "EXCLUDE_AD1848"	# No Microsoft Sound System, GUS
options EXCLUDE_MSS		# No Microsoft Sound System
options EXCLUDE_PSS		# No Personal Sound System
options EXCLUDE_PAS             # NO Pro Audio Studio support
options EXCLUDE_PRO_MIDI        # NO PAS MIDI support
options ALLOW_CONFLICT_IRQ
options ALLOW_CONFLICT_IOADDR
device snd2 at isa? port 0x220 irq 7 drq 1 vector sbintr
device snd6 at isa? port 0x220 irq 7 drq 5 vector sbintr
device snd7 at isa? port 0x330
device snd1 at isa? port 0x388

Of course, substitute port, irq, and drq values as needed for your
configuration.

--k