Date:      Thu, 14 Mar 2002 17:53:11 -0600
From:      "Todd Reed" <ex279@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Internal Machine/Firewall -- Getting it to resolve names

I've got an internal (10.x.x.x) machine that is behine a PIX Firewall.  When
I set the machine up, I didn't configure DNS on it (It's not running BIND.
I didn't even put a DNS Host address in the configs).  It was meant to be a
standalone machine.  Well, I'm wanting to investigate the possibilities of
using it as a small email server.  I've got sendmail setup...Our external
DNS (running BIND) has the MX and Alias records, and there is a PAT/NAT
translation in the firewall.  I tried going into /stand/sysinstall and put
in a DNS Host Address, but I stil can't send mail out.  The port in the
firewall is open.  I can telnet into port 25 from home, but I can't send
mail from the server, going out.  I haven't tried incomming.  Any
suggestions?

--Todd