Date:      Sat, 5 Apr 2003 12:49:46 +0200
From:      Miguel Mendez <flynn@energyhq.homeip.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sendmail + Cyrus + Procmail(?) + SpamAssassin

--=.(whrOn(jh6?8yp

On Wed, 02 Apr 2003 11:46:33 -0600
Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com> wrote:

Howdy,

> Quick OT question: how do you debug a sieve script?  I uploaded a very
> simple script to my server:
>
>     require "fileinto";
>
>     if header :contains "X-Spam-Flag" "YES" {
>         fileinto "INBOX.spam";
>     } else {
>         fileinto "INBOX.foo";
>     }
>
> and made it active.  Both of the mailboxes user.kirk.foo and
> user.kirk.spam(or INBOX.foo and INBOX.spam as seen from the client)
> exist, but all mail keeps coming into INBOX.  Did I miss a
> "process_sieve_scripts = yes" flag somewhere?

Oops, didn't see this one. There are two ways to use sieve, one is
having a .sieve file in your home dir, the other is having sieve scripts
in /usr/sieve. There's a setting in imapd.conf to select which way sieve
scripts are handled, e.g. if you have lots of users but no real
accounts.

The relevant bits:

sievedir: /var/imap/sieve
# If enabled, deliver wil look for Sieve scripts in user's home
# directories:# ~user/.sieve.
sieveusehomedir: true

Another thing, if you're using sieveshell you need to 1) upload script,
2) activate it, if you dont' activate it, it won't take effect. Perhaps
that's what's happening?

Cheers,
--
        Miguel Mendez - flynn@energyhq.homeip.net