Date:      Sat, 16 Dec 2000 11:24:56 -0500
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <fran@reyes.somos.net>
To:        "Doug Young" <dougy@bryden.apana.org.au>
Cc:        "matt@gsicomp.on.ca" <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>, "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: where have all the ports & sysinstall packages gone ??

On Sat, 16 Dec 2000 21:35:34 +1000, Doug Young wrote:

>Thankfully a few people are finally filling in the gaps. I keep adding to my
>Pedantic
>FreeBSD too & usually refer to something with almost every install I do.

The cvsup chapter on the handbook is not so bad.

Did you see Matthew Emmerton email on the list? it didn't seem
like he CC you.

On Sat, 16 Dec 2000 08:37:44 -0500, Matthew Emmerton wrote:
>http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/cvsup.html

The short on cvsup
1- Get client using /stand/sysinstall. It is on the net
collection and it
is called something like cvsup-bin.

2- Run it by typing: cvsup -g <script>

I am attaching below a script for you to use.
DO read the URL for instructions, but at least this may get you
going.
I call my script ports-cvsup so I call it by typing "cvsup -g
ports-cvsup"

************ Script
# $FreeBSD: src/share/examples/cvsup/ports-supfile,v 1.19.2.1
2000/05/06 03:46:36 kris Exp $
#	cvsup -g -L 2 ports-supfile
# Defaults that apply to all the collections
#
# IMPORTANT: Change the next line to use one of the CVSup mirror
sites
# listed at http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/mirrors.html.
*default host=cvsup9.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=.
*default delete use-rel-suffix

# If your network link is a T1 or faster, comment out the
following line.
*default compress

## Ports Collection.
#ports-all

# Be sure to ALWAYS cvsup the ports-base collection if you use
any of the
# other individual collections below. ports-base is a mandatory
collection
# for the ports collection, and your ports may not build
correctly if it
# is not kept up to date.
ports-base
ports-archivers