Date:      Tue, 13 Aug 1996 13:49:10 +0200
From:      AkH <aneche@grolier.fr>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   PPP server configurtion

                Hello from France

I'm a new user of freebsd, and would to use it as a ppp server to control
the server from my modem.

Could you mail me mor information about the ppp connection.
I've read the freebsd handbook and use the command : /etc/ppp/ppplogin

/etc/ppp/ppplogin
mesg n
stty -echo
exec pppd -detach silent modem crtscts

but i don't know how to assign an ip to the modem connection
perhaps pppd :10.2.1.2 ???

I've an another question about this i don't have an ethernet card i've just
tun0 ppp0 and lo0,lo0 is 127.0.0.1 but how can i give an internal adress on
the lo0 for example 10.2.1.1.

        Thanks for your help.

        Aneche Fabrice
        Grolier Interactive