Date:      Mon, 12 Nov 2001 17:43:24 -0800 (PST)
From:      Donnie Jones <donniejones18@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ports/31943: mysql323-server port hostname look up failed

>Number:         31943
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       mysql323-server port hostname look up failed
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
FreeBSD dorm0379.dorm-net.louisville.edu 4.4-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.4-RELEASE #0: Tue Sep 18 11:57:08 PDT 2001     murray@builder.FreeBSD.org:/usr/src/sys/compile/GENERIC  i386

I did "make" and then "make install" for the mysql323-server port, and once the program reaches the point where mysql_install_db wants to lookup the hostname it errors and stops saying that the hostname couldn't not be looked up.  It was only using part of my hostname to be looked up....
>How-To-Repeat:
run "make install" for the port of mysql322-server
>Fix:
 In the mysql_install_db code it says to do "hostname -s" when looking up the hostname, I changed it to just "hostname" without the "-s" and the problem was fixed eventhough I had to do some working around with the make install b.c by re-running the "make install" it tries to reinstall the database and will overwrite the mysql_install_db file that was just edited.  Maybe this is a probkem that should be reported to mysql and not freebsd, but here you go. :)