Date:      Thu, 11 Oct 2001 18:45:09 +0200
From:      Hank Hampel <lists@niamodnikufesin.de>
To:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ESS Allegro-1 not working in 4.4-STABLE?

Hi everybody!

On (011009), Andy Sparrow wrote:
> > I think we need an improved pci framework to dole out resource ranges
> > in cases like this.
> Gets my vote. I suspect that, as latops now only now ship with an OS capable
> of PNP, this sort of issue will become more and more prevalent.

Seconded by me.

My Toshiba Satellite 1700-400 has a similar problem as it is unable to
map/attach a port for USB and sound (and the stupid winmodem but
this is only a minor concern for me). And yes, unfortunatly it also
has no option to turn off this behaviour (no "PNP OS" switch).

As for sound I've bought an OSS driver which works pretty well but not
having USB is really a bad thing as this notebook has no serial port
in it...

Sincerely yours, Hank