Date:      Fri, 16 Jan 2004 23:19:29 +0100
From:      Thorsten Greiner <thorsten@tgreiner.net>
To:        Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: gaim build problem, file descriptor issue

--C7zPtVaVf+AK4Oqc

* Randy Bush <randy@psg.com> [2004-01-16 23:01]:
> =3D=3D=3D>  Configuring for gaim-0.75_1
> ./configure.lineno: 5: Bad file descriptor
> ./configure.lineno: 1171: Syntax error: EOF in backquote substitution
> =3D=3D=3D>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
>       Please report the problem to marcus@FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and at=
tach
>       the "/usr/ports/net/gaim/work/gaim-0.75/config.log" including the o=
utput
>       of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good idea =
>       provide an overview of all packages installed on your system (e.g. =
an
>       `ls /var/db/pkg`).
> *** Error code 1

FWIW, a simple fix seems to be to replace

#!/bin/sh

in the 'configure' script by

#!/usr/local/bin/bash

Of course you should have the bash port installed. This worked for
textproc/intltool and graphics/gimp-devel which failed with the same
symptoms before. The machine is running the new filedescriptor
allocation code.

Regards
        -Thorsten

--=20
Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me sprea=
d!

This message is digitally signed. To verify its integrity, download a copy
of GnuPG for your operating system from http://www.gnupg.org .

--C7zPtVaVf+AK4Oqc

--C7zPtVaVf+AK4Oqc--