Date:      Fri, 8 Jun 2001 10:10:53 +1000 (EST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Keith=20Spencer?= <bsd2000au@yahoo.com.au>
To:        fbsd <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   How to set up dialins to my 4.2 box

Hi all,
I have seen the handbook docs for Dial in service and
ppp configuration.
I am starting the set up process.
I have noticed some differences I need to resolve if
you could help.
a) The Dialin service doc is FBSD version 1.x (old)
Does it all still apply? e.g.
b) Is there a current tute around to help me
especially with mgetty ( it says mgetty is better) or
does 4.2 have naturally better modem dialin support
now?
c) I was first checkng my sio s and get this stuff...
usb0: USB revision 1.0
usb1: USB revision 1.0
sio0 at port 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4 flags 0x10 on isa0
sio0: type 16550A
sio1: configured irq 3 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
no matching session
no matching session
no matching session
no matching session
...etc etc.
Q are these 2 sio s configured for dial in ok at the
moment? What to do if not. The dial in  service doc I
am reading says to change the kernel  to ....
    device     sio0    at isa? port "IO_COM1" tty irq
4 vector siointr
    device      sio1    at isa? port "IO_COM2" tty irq
3 vector siointr
    device      sio2    at isa? port "IO_COM3" tty irq
5 vector siointr
    device      sio3    at isa? port "IO_COM4" tty irq
9 vector siointr

Q does this still apply? Should I do this? I don't
want to screw up my machine It is mission critical.

Thanks heaps in advance for help and patience
Keith