Date:      Mon, 17 May 1999 09:23:08 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Narana Kannappan <narana@cisco.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   fips for large disks

Hi,

  I have win98 installed on a 8GB hard-drive.
  I wanted to repartition it so that I could
  put the freeBSD root partion in that.

  I used the 'fips' program that came with the
  2.2 CDROM. But I got an error which said something
  like "..end cylinder head 254 invalid" and it quit.

  Am I using an old version of fips that doesnt partition
  large disks ?

  Are there any other alternative software I could use ?

Thanks,
Narana.