Date:      Tue, 12 Jan 1999 16:50:05 +0100
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
To:        "H. Bora Karayaka" <borak@net.ohio-state.edu>, freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 128Meg Bug

On Tue, Jan 12, 1999 at 10:16:18AM +0000, H. Bora Karayaka wrote:
> I am running a FreeBSD 2.2.7 GENERIC system with 128Meg RAM memory.
> Initially I could not install FreeBSD with this much memory and I used
> 16Meg memory during installation. After installation I switched back to
> 128 Meg memory. Everything worked fine till I try to rebuild my kernel.
> The "make" instruction required for rebuilding exited everytime with a
> signal and did not do it. I switched back to 16 Meg again and I
> successfully rebuilt my custom kernel. Now I am affraid doing anything
> on this system. Is there any workaround for this problem ?

I don't know of a 128M problem.  I suspect that you are having a problem
with your RAM and/or motherboard.

Are you speaking of running make for building a kernel? Or do you mean
'make world'?

What CPU are you using? What MB brand?

I don't want to leave the impression that I would have a solution
for you. It's just a vague guess that you may have bad or not well matched
memory.