Date:      Mon, 17 Feb 2003 05:31:47 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Clock disabled during DDB

On 2003-02-16 18:05, Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org> wrote:
> Is it an expected feature that the system clock is not updated when
> the system is sitting in DDB?  I just had 8 machines sitting in DDB
> for about 20 minutes at boot (because of that &^@%&^ sysctl LOR),
> and ntpd refused to time-sync them when I continued, because the
> clock had fallen too far behind:

I think I'm not the best possible person to answer this, but I recall
reading posts that mentioned interrupts being disabled while in DDB.
Since the system time is updated by an interrupt, it falls behind if
you leave a machine in DDB for too long.

Someone with more system time foo correct me if I'm wrong, please.