Date:      Mon, 27 Mar 2000 18:28:29 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        manek@ecst.csuchico.edu
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: unusual cvsup message

In article <NDBBKDINCKINCMKCHGCIAEONCIAA.manek@ecst.csuchico.edu>,
Sameer R. Manek <manek@ecst.csuchico.edu> wrote:
> I got this message on a cvsup performed today, at about Sun Mar 19 15:07:18
> PST 2000, anyone else get a similar message? and should i be concerned about
> it?
>  Edit src/sys/contrib/dev/oltr/trlld.h
> src/sys/contrib/dev/oltr/trlld.h: Cannot get edited text: "d" edit command
> specifies line past end of base delta -- will transfer entire file

This kind of message indicates that the file was corrupted prior to
the update, either on your end or on the server's end.  At this point
in time, it's hard to say which was the case.  It happened when I was
on vacation, and all the evidence is probably gone by now.  The CVSup
client has an option "-k" which will make it save the bad version of
the file for later analysis, but it's too late for that now.

Anyway, you needn't worry, because this later step fetched the whole
file from the server:

> Applying fixups for collection src-all/cvs
>  Fixup src/sys/contrib/dev/oltr/trlld.h

John