Date:      Mon, 31 Jul 2000 02:13:34 -0400
From:      steinyv <steinyv@skyweb.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPFW and NAT question

I just set machine with IPFW and NAT and came across a problem like you
have.  Just make sure your firewall/gateway machine, can ping and
traceroute IPs and domains on the net.  Set your LAN machines to use your
private IP (192.168.1.2) as the gateway and set the machines to use your
ISP's DNS.  That made everything work for me....
Hope that works for you.....