Date:      Thu, 28 Mar 2002 12:00:17 -0800 (PST)
From:      Bryan Curl <bc3910@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD-4.4 Mount priviledges for users

How do I allow users to mount /cdrom and /cdrom1?

I have added to group wheel and operator, set RW
permission on mount points, and tried several other
tricks which worked in linux, but only root can mount
these drives in FreeBSD.

/etc/fstab has correct entries which allow root to
mount /cdrom and /cdrom2 no problem using:

#mount /cdrom

Linux has a fstab -o option called 'user' for the
fstab file that says allow ordinary users to mount
this point.

=====
Mucho Gratis
Bryan