Date:      Thu, 7 Mar 2002 17:18:55 +0100
From:      Cliff Sarginson <csfbsd@raggedclown.net>
To:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Compaq Presario 1700 (1714EA) .. any experience

Hello,
Has anyone successfully got FreeBSD running on one of these ?
I have one that has to be left dual bootable with Windows XP.
Being a Compaq I think it has one of these "secret" partitions
where Compaq keep BIOS information.
Of particular interest it also has one of these ..cannot remember
what they are called,  but a slot on the side that can hold a
CD/DVD drive or a Floppy Drive, and you can just willy nilly change them
over as required (XP has some facility in it to safely turn off the
device and then enable it again when you change from CD to Floppy say).
Can FreeBSD handle this ? The technology that enables it I am clueless
about. Also can BSD handle the touch pad/mouse thing - I believe it
looks internally like some kind of PS/2 mouse.

--
Regards
   Cliff Sarginson -- <csfbsd@raggedclown.net>