Date:      Wed, 14 Jan 1998 11:53:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      Simon Shapiro <shimon@simon-shapiro.org>
To:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-hubs-outgoing@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Call for mail-relays

On 14-Jan-98 Jonathan M. Bresler wrote:

> When Hub died we lost the mailertable.
> We are looking for well-connected hosts to serve as mail-relays
> for the FreeBSD mailing lists.
>
> Host requirements:
>       100MB /var/spool/mqueue
>       Excellent DNS support (MX records and DNS servers)
>       Very good connections to national networks
>       586-100MHZ and 64MB minimum.

What is ``very good connection''?  I have a T1 that goes to a local carrier
and from there diretly (via 300mbit line to PacBell NAP in SF, and from
there over FDDI to MAe-West.  I can be of service, with about 1/2 that
capacity for a while.

Sincerely Yours,

Simon Shapiro
Shimon@Simon-Shapiro.ORG                      Voice:   503.799.2313