Date:      Thu, 07 Jun 2001 18:42:11 -0600
From:      "Parity Computer Systems" <parity@Larusso.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   lost logical partition block (sector 1)

I have lost the first 50 or so sectors (I'm not sure of the total sectors
lost) on my hard drive containing the partition information and whatever
else is in those first few sectors.  I need to recover the partition
information for a data recovery.  From what I have read this information
is summarized in the label information.  I can manually reconstruct the
first sector info with a sector editor if I can get the label
information.  Obviously the drive won't mount, label, etc.  How can I get
this information.  Can you also tell me what part of the OS was lost if
the first 50 or so sectors is lost.  Is it only boot code or label
information or superblock information?  How is the disk layed out?

Help!

Chris Hewatt
Chris@DataRecoveryLink.Com