Date:      Thu, 17 Mar 2005 08:57:09 -0800
From:      "Michael C. Shultz" <ringworm01@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Stupid ASCII loader prompt

On Thursday 17 March 2005 08:43 am, you wrote:

> > > For what values of "it"?  FreeBSD is an operating system,
> > > not a logo.  Most people's decision to use the OS aren't
> > > based on its mascot, I would hope.
> >
> > If the logo is of no importance, then why did it ever exist?
> > FreeBSD started with this logo and needs to stick by it in my
> > opinion.  If someone comes up with a better looking "beastie" that
> > is fine, to arbitrally change it after 20 years because a few
> > people are offended shows cowardness in the face of nearly 0
> > diversity.
> >
> > If you toss beastie probably should change to change chmod 666
> > because that number offends some people.  While your at it please
> > remove gnome-sword, it likely offends some non Christians to have
> > bible study software in ports. After all in Saudi Arabia the cross
> > is illegal, no need to risk offending.   What about the hewbrew
> > fonts? Do they also piss off Arabs? Toss those just in case.  Now
> > the Arabic fonts need tossing tool,  just to be fair.
> >
> > -Mike
>
> Oh, quit your whining.

You call it whining when I state a position that is contrary to your
own?  Be brave, make a counter point.  People with no original ideas of
their own result to insults. Surely you can rise above this sort of
statement.

[snipped the rest, after reading the insult lost interest in the
remainer of your reply]

-Mike