Date:      Thu, 05 Feb 1998 09:12:17 -0800 (PST)
From:      Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
To:        mika ruohotie <bsdcur@shadows.aeon.net>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: *hmph*

On 05-Feb-98 mika ruohotie wrote:
>probably not to the right list, but anyway...
>
>it appears that i was dropped off from two bsd lists a while ago,
>probably that crash someone mentioned about.

Several people had accidentally been dropped from mailing lists,
so don't take it personally.

>only now (after finding time to read the email back-log i have)
>did i find that the other list i dropped off from was cvs. for me
>(and anyone else) running current, that is very, very, very bad
>thing to happen. specially since the time i noticed this was two
>weeks later.
>
>now, i feel quite pissed off about the fact there appears to be no
>backups or anything, since i wasnt put back into the lists.

FreeBSD is a VOLUNTEER effort.  FreeBSD.org is hosted on machines
by Walnut Creek Cdrom for FREE.  If you wish to make a significant
monetary contribution to ensure that major disk failures and their
subsequent replacement goes smoothly, I'm sure Walnut Creek Cdrom
will not complain.

>and, whoever didnt have backups, could make me feel much better if
>the lost cvs-emails would be emailed me now.

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi

Oh, did I mention that FreeBSD is a volunteer effort.

Steve

finger kargl@troutmask.apl.washington.edu
http://troutmask.apl.washington.edu/~clesceri/kargl.html