Date:      Tue, 11 May 1999 13:13:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      banman@wwdg.com
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   conf/11654: Linksys PCI 10/100 Ethernet cards not wokring.

>Number:         11654
>Category:       conf
>Synopsis:       Linksys PCI 10/100 Ethernet cards not wokring.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
Due to ignorance on my behalf, here is full information:
Machine is a Dell P2-400, 128MB of ram, 1 ATAPI 40x CD-ROM, 1 4x/8x
Mitsumi ATAPI CD-R, TB Montego Soundcard, 2 Linksys Etherfast 10/100 PCI
cards, IBM 7200RPM 512k 10GB HDD, and an STB NVidia 8MB RIVA AGP Video
card.

Both of these cards have been tested, and both do work properly under
DOS, Windows95/98 and Windows NT 4.0.
I could not find any information in the booklets and documentation that
was supplied by Dell, thus I am not sure about bus mastering slots, but
since the cards have worked fine under the other operating systems, I'm
guessing I have them in the appropriate PCI slots. I have tried different
slots previously and they seem to work in any slot as far as I can see.

My kernel seems ok, and upon bootup, the Linksys ethernet cards are found
as pn1 and pn0. However, after each identifaction line, the text,
"Could not map ports" is printed below. And after logging in as root,
there is no pn0 or pn1 interfaces.
I have one of these ethernet cards connected to the HUB of my LAN,
and the other directly to my cable modem.
I can't seem to figure out why this message has occured.