Date:      Thu, 7 Jun 2001 17:55:04 -0700
From:      Sean Knox <Sknox@CQOS.COM>
To:        'Keith Spencer' <bsd2000au@yahoo.com.au>, pea@andrewpea.com, fbsd <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Delay bringing up telnet window

You could set up a small DNS server and not have to worry about all those
roaming /etc/hosts files. Add the entries for all the machines initially in
ONE /etc/hosts file located on the to-be server, then use the h2n program (i
think you can grab it at
ftp://ftp.uu.net/published/oreilly/nutshell/dnsbind/dns.tar.Z) to read from
the host file. Whenever you add/delete a host, just re-run the h2n program,
copy the named.conf to the right place, restart BIND and you're good to go.

Sean