Date:      Tue, 10 Nov 1998 15:51:30 -0500
From:      "Yarema" <yds@ingress.net>
To:        "Thomas Gellekum" <tg@ihf.rwth-aachen.de>, <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ports/8636: configure for python-1.5.1 thinks cc is a cross compiler

As requested this is the entire config.log file:

This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

configure:589: checking MACHDEP
configure:634: checking CCC
configure:649: checking for --without-gcc
configure:683: checking for gcc
configure:760: checking whether the C compiler
(cc -pipe -O2 -D_THREAD_SAFE -pthread  -rdynamic) works
configure:774: cc -o conftest -pipe -O2 -D_THREAD_SAFE  -pthread  -rdynamic
conftest.c  1>&5
configure:794: checking whether the C compiler
(cc -pipe -O2 -D_THREAD_SAFE -pthread  -rdynamic) is a cross-compiler
configure:799: checking whether we are using GNU C
configure:808: cc -E conftest.c
configure:823: checking whether cc accepts -g
configure:862: checking LINKCC
configure:878: checking for ranlib
configure:910: checking for ar
configure:975: checking how to run the C preprocessor
configure:996: cc -E  conftest.c >/dev/null 2>conftest.out
configure:1036: checking for AIX
configure:1061: checking for minix/config.h
configure:1071: cc -E  conftest.c >/dev/null 2>conftest.out
configure:1067: minix/config.h: No such file or directory
configure: failed program was:
#line 1066 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
#include <minix/config.h>
configure:1112: checking whether cc accepts -Olimit 1500

BTW, confdefs.h is only 1 byte at this point.