Date:      Thu, 13 Dec 2001 12:36:03 +0200
From:      "Timothy S. Bowers" <tim@nol.co.za>
To:        security@freebsd.org
Subject:   (sh), uid 0: core dumped on signal 12

Hi all,

I get the following messages a few times then the PC just reboots:

/kernel: pid 28998 (sh), uid 0: exited on signal 12 (core dumped)
/kernel: pid 29356 (sh), uid 0: exited on signal 12
/kernel: pid 29357 (sh), uid 0: exited on signal 12

This happens every now and then.. like once a day on average.

Is this a sign that someone is running an exploit on me?
How can I find out what the cause of this is?

Thank you,
Timothy S. Bowers