Date:      Fri, 23 Feb 2001 20:48:07 -0600
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        "JOHN MUELLER" <asjwm2@uaa.alaska.edu>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: debian potato

First, this is a FreeBSD help list, not a Debian help list. The best
way to get help from this list is to run FreeBSD. :-)

JOHN MUELLER <asjwm2@uaa.alaska.edu> types:
>              Dear BSD,
> I just ran the printer cap man page for debian potato, and it says that
> freeBSD 4.2 has the rules for configuring my HP Laser Jet Series 2
> printer.  Can you send me a copy of the file to configure it and the
> directory location where I should put it ?  Otherwise it only prints one
> line of a file and it looks like
> #include <iostream>
>                            #include <iomanip>
>                                                           #include <fstream>
>
>                   #include <math.h>
> and like that.  Any tips ??

Yup. If you install FreeBSD, install the magicfilter port. That has
filters for the ljet2 printers, and instructions on setting it up.

If you don't want to install FreeBSD - well, it's your loss. But you
might be able to find a magicfilter RPM (or whatever debian uses) that
will do the trick.

	<mike