Date:      Tue, 8 Jul 2003 18:41:53 -0700
From:      Andrew Konstantinov <andrei@andruxa.sytes.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   lpt0 - device busy

Hello,

  I have a problem accessing lpt0 device node. Whenever I do 'echo "check" > /dev/lpt0' it responds with "/dev/lpt0: Device busy" but at the same time 'fstat' doesn't show that any application is currently using that device. I asked about this issue on #freebsd @ efnet and someone said that this behavior is caused by a bug in the code. It seems that I am not the only one who confronted this problem according to google. Is it really a bug or is it a problem with my system's configuration? I run FreeBSD 5.1 and my kernel is configured with ppc, ppbus, lpt, and ppi devices.

Thank you in advance.