Date:      Fri, 05 Nov 2004 14:11:42 -0800
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
Cc:        bde@freebsd.org
Subject:   USB/TTY spl fix.

Mike Tancsa wrote:

> At 04:15 PM 05/11/2004, Julian Elischer wrote:
>
>> 1/ where are we?
>>  I've seen USB commits recently from several people..
>

> Not a commit, but a plea to have
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/72935
>
> reviewed / committed if possible :)

*** uhid.c.orig Wed Oct 20 14:16:05 2004
--- uhid.c      Wed Oct 20 14:16:56 2004
***************
*** 411,416 ****
--- 411,424 ----
        if (sc->sc_dying)
                return (ENXIO);

+ /* KDW - test change to force class tty to include uhid */
+       {
+               int s = splhigh();
+               tty_imask |= bio_imask;
+               splx( s );
+       }
+ /* end KDW */
+
        if (sc->sc_state & UHID_OPEN)
                return (EBUSY);
        sc->sc_state |= UHID_OPEN;

updated to.....

         {
                 int s = splhigh();
                 tty_imask |= bio_imask;
                 bio_imask |= tty_imask;
                 update_intr_masks();
                 splx( s );
         }

well, this probably solves the problem for static cases but it doesn't
solve the
case for someone plugging in a pccard modem.
In that case the mask for tty_mask would change, and bio_mask would
never be updated.

My tbought is that we "ignore" this case for now and commit it as shown
above. 5.x doesn't have this problem
due to the completely different protection system.

I'm CCing bde because he has general foo in this area.