Date:      Fri, 4 May 2001 08:47:32 +1000 (EST)
From:      "Aaron Hill" <fbsdlist@futureuse.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   CPU and Memory for traffic shaping

Hello,

I'm planning to install a FreeBSD server in a traffic shaper role for an
Internet setup. The total bandwidth I'm looking to manage is 10Mb/s and
I'll have various proxy streams, streaming media, general HTTP streams to
manage.

Can anyone shed some light on what CPU and memory specs I should look at
for this kind of thing. Unfortunately I can't estimate how many pipes etc
I'll need at this stage.

Any other pointers for the setup?

Thanks
Aaron