Date:      Fri, 4 May 2001 08:44:18 +1000 (EST)
From:      "Aaron Hill" <fbsdlist@futureuse.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Maximum IP Aliases Supported

Hello,

Sorry if this is a second send, I suspect my first email never made the
list.

I'd like to know if there's a maximum number of IP address aliases you can
have on one NIC in FreeBSD 4.3?

My scenario is a DMZ/Firewall setup so the FreeBSD server will act as a
router for all hosts on the DMZ. I'll have a traffic shaper keeping traffic
rates to a reasonable level.

While we're at it does anyone know of any problems with using a lot of
aliases on a single interface? Apart from the OS support and traffic load
limit I can't see any probs ... ?

Thanks
Aaron