Date:      Sat, 07 Sep 2002 13:34:43 +0200
From:      "Torfinn Ingolfsen" <torfinn.ingolfsen@broadpark.no>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   making world on a laptop with small memory?

Hello,

I'm trying to 'make buildworld' a laptop with limited memory (16MB) and disk (1.2GB).
Make stops because some process (I think it's ld) gets killed because of an out-of-swap
condition.

Last time i made world on this machine, it worked flawlessly. That was FreeBSD 4.5-
stable, early in April.

Are there any tweks I can do that will allow the 'make buildworld' to succeed? Installing
more memory and/or a larger disk in this laptop isn't an option.

Any hints thankfully appreciated.
--
Torfinn Ingolfsen
Norway