Date:      Sat, 19 Feb 2000 17:25:32 -0500
From:      Randall Hopper <aa8vb@ipass.net>
To:        Jonathan Smith <jonsmith@dragonstar.dhs.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Another 'I hate to ask this but the mail search is down' :(

Jonathan Smith:

 |Which, I apollogise for sending this to the list, and wish the guys luck
 |in solving the problems ;)
 |
 |Where can one get the DeCSS pathces that were previously mentioned on
 |either the multimedia or current email list?  Just (finally) got a good
 |working 4.0 install and would like to try and get this working

Which DeCSS do you mean.  This one?

     http://www.totse.com/DeCSS/

Or the other one  ;-)

Seriously, go to Yahoo, search for it or "DVD CCA", and you'll come up with
lots of hits.

Fortunately, MPAA doesn't control the world yet.  But if they have their
way...

 |DEATH TO MICROSOFT.
 |Ok, sorry for the usual attitude ;)

Huh?  How's that fit?  It's the MPAA/CCA, right?  Unless MS paid-off or
intimidated all the DVD vendors not to develop drivers for non-MS OSs, it's
not their fault.

Or is there something about this issue I don't know (very possible since I
haven't been following it closely -- I won't buy into DVD equipment or
disks anytime soon, on principle).

Randall