Date:      Thu, 08 Aug 2002 23:28:42 -0400
From:      Brian McCann <bjm1287@ritvax.isc.rit.edu>
To:        'Jeff Jirsa' <jeff@unixconsults.com>, 'Brian McCann' <bjm1287@ritvax.isc.rit.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: htpasswd / Apache

I've tried it...but I could NEVER get it to work right with encrypted
passwords.  This was actually what I tried first...but since I could
only get it to work with clear text passwords, I gave up on it.  My
problem was no matter where I grabbed the PW from to put into the db
(using htpasswd or crypt), I could never authenticate right.  Do you
have any example code or a site I could look at to help me out for how
to add people into the DB using encrypted PWs?  Preferably MD5.

Thanks,
--Brian