Date:      Mon, 22 Apr 1996 10:46:28 -0400
From:      Chris Shenton <cshenton@it.hq.nasa.gov>
To:        lehey.pad@sni.de
Cc:        gfoster@gfoster.com, taob@io.org, freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Need tips and tricks for UUCP mail and news

I've started doing some work for a project tying together systems by
UUCP. I've got a SunOS and a FreeBSD box. My old O'Reilly doesn't
mention Taylor and the table of contents at www.ora.com doesn't talk
about it either I don't think.

For what it's worth, I started making some notes on what I needed to
do to get the two boxes talking via uucp, and how I modified sendmail
to force mail for a target machine to go via UUCP, rather than
sendmail. (currently, I'm running UUCP over TCP due to lack of modems
at home)-:

Basically, it assume a knowledge of uucp, and goes directly to the
files you need to modify and what you need to do to get data
moving. Again, it's real preliminary right now and probably a bit
specific to my task, but if you want to give it a look, feel free: it
might be of some help.

	http://absinthe.Stonos.Washington.DC.US/~chris/sysadm/uucp/

Feedback welcome.