Date:      Sat, 16 Dec 2000 17:36:54 -0500
From:      "Christian Kuhtz" <ck@gnu.org>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   boot disk & boot loader

Hey gang,

one of the machines here has two IDE disks, one with win98, the other with
4.2-STABLE.  I ran into a snag on my machine which prevented me from
installing the boot loader at install time.  So, only way to boot FreeBSD is
to tell the BIOS to boot directly off the 2nd drive.  Clumsy but it worked for
now.  I want to change this and restore sanity.

Now, I need to build a boot floppy which can do enough stuff to install a
FreeBSD boot loader instead of the Win98 MBR on the first drive after booting
off the floppy.

My FreeBSD skills are a little rusty, and I need some help.  So, how do I do
this?

Can somebody please send me a procedure or a pointer to a doc which describes
how to do this?

Thanks in advance,
Chris

--
Christian Kuhtz <ck@arch.bellsouth.net> -wk, <ck@gnu.org> -hm
Sr. Architect, Engineering & Architecture, BellSouth.net, Atlanta, GA, U.S.