Date:      Sun, 16 Mar 2003 18:17:33 +0100
From:      Oliver Brandmueller <ob@e-Gitt.NET>
To:        Maksim Yevmenkin <Maksim.Yevmenkin@cw.com>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bluetooth stack for FreeBSD

Hello Maksim!

On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 08:31:44PM -0800, Maksim Yevmenkin wrote:
> i will look into that, but you only need device driver modules in
> loader.conf (ng_ubt(4) and ng_bt3c(4)) the rest should be loaded
> automatically

That's working fine!

> 1) get userland and kernel in sync
> 2) build and install eveything in snapshot's ports directory. Hint:
>    you need glib and build openopex first to build obexapp
> 3) setup and run hcsecd. check hcsecd.conf for examples.
> 4) run sdptool browse <phone_bd_addr> to find out list of services
> 5) read rfcomm_pppd man page
> 6) read obexapp man page

I did not yet get obex to work (did not put much effort in it). But
rfcomm works fine now, I have been able to get online with my Nokia 7650
(at least with HSCSD, GPRS has yet to be tested, but that's a matter of
the network and configuration).

Will the ppp patch and the current Bluetooth code be committed soon? If
the ppp patch will not be committed, will you include it in the next
bluetooth packet? ;)

Great work!

- Oliver

--
| Oliver Brandmueller | Offenbacher Str. 1  | Germany       D-14197 Berlin |
| Fon +49-172-3130856 | Fax +49-172-3145027 | WWW:   http://the.addict.de/ |