Date:      Fri, 14 Nov 2003 12:56:42 +0100
From:      Pawel Jakub Dawidek <nick@garage.freebsd.pl>
To:        FB <freebsd@msquaredweb.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Multiple IPs in Jail

--sDKAb4OeUBrWWL6P

On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 10:01:23AM -0800, FB wrote:
+> Before the patch was applied, the jail environment had no problem with d=
ns.
+> After the patch was applied  however (and userland rebuilt both on host =
and
+> jail), dns breaks in the jail environment. Basically, gethostbyname  fai=
ls
+> and h_errno is set to 2 - Host name lookup failure. the system is config=
ured
+> properly, since the only changes  are to the kernel and the modified jail
+> mechanism. Also interesting is that the failure is immediate, there is no
+> timeout.=20

Gethostbyname(3) always fails?

You could try this patch againt recent -CURRENT, but I haven't added
anything - for me gethostbyname(3) in jail works fine.

	http://garage.freebsd.pl/patches/mijail5_2.patch

--=20
Pawel Jakub Dawidek                       pawel@dawidek.net
UNIX Systems Programmer/Administrator     http://garage.freebsd.pl