Date:      07 Jun 2001 21:47:50 EST
From:      "Mark Sergeant" <msergeant@snsonline.net>
To:        "mail_box_of_mine@yahoo.com" <mail_box_of_mine@yahoo.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ? change *.cpp to *.c

A simple script would do the trick, something along the lines of..

#!/bin/sh

for i in *.cpp
do
	mv $i `echo $i | sed 's/\.cpp/\.c/g'`
done

Something along those lines anyways.

On Thu, 07 Jun 2001 19:46:59 -0700, mail_box_of_mine@yahoo.com said:

> hi,
>  	I'm a Unix new learner.  I want to change many ".cpp" files to
>  ".c" files. However, when I type "mv *.cpp *.c", it does not work.
>  However, in dos, "ren *.cpp *.c" works.  Is there any easy way to do
>  this in Unix without write a shell program?
>
>  Thanks in advance
>
>  best regards,
>  steven

Mark Sergeant
Unix Systems Administrator

Fortune follows...

Snacktrek, n.:
	The peculiar habit, when searching for a snack, of constantly
returning to the refrigerator in hopes that something new will have
materialized.
		-- Rich Hall, "Sniglets"