Date:      Fri, 23 Feb 2001 19:45:26 -0800
From:      Trevin Chow <trevin@mail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installed Qmail -- "mailbox vulnerable"?

I just installed QMail on my system to replace sendmail.  For some reason,
whenever I'm logged in as my user account and start up PINE, I get the message:

[Mailbox vulnerable - directory /var/mail must have 1777 protection]

I've setup qmail to use /home/$/mail/inbox instead of /var/mail/$.  I'm not
sure why pine is complaining about permissions on /var/mail when it should
even be looking at that anymore.  if do an `echo $MAIL`, i get the
appropriate response (/home/<my_user_id>/mail/inbox).

Any ideas?