Date:      Sun, 19 Oct 1997 17:55:36 -0500
From:      dkelly@hiwaay.net
To:        "chat@FreeBSD.ORG" <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Linux vs. the rest of the world, poor OS comparison on web p

> Not sure if linux has a network install package however I couldn't
> find it.

Have you uncovered a *LINUX* limitation or a *Slackware* limitation? Since
when did the Linux kernel dictate installation technique?

When itemizing the great things about FreeBSD and the shortcomings of Linux
and its many distributions, we need to keep the facts strictly honest else
we demonstrate we don't really know what we're saying about Linux.

Then we can list "honesty" as a positive feature of FreeBSD users.  :-)

But seriously, when I was trying to do something useful with Linux I
subscribed to most every Linux mail list I could find. For a while at
least. The noise-to-signal ratios were sky high. Almost never got a reply
to any honest question. And most every post seemed to go out of its way to
slam Microsoft somehow. I don't particularly like Microsoft, but then again
I don't particularly like the color of my neighbor's new roof either.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net