Date:      Sat, 16 Dec 2000 15:16:32 -0800
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cjclark@reflexnet.net>
To:        Pat Wendorf <beholder@unios.dhs.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Oracle 8i Solaris x86 Version

On Sat, Dec 16, 2000 at 05:19:44PM -0500, Pat Wendorf wrote:
> I was wondering if it was possible to get the Solaris x86 version of
> Oracle 8i running on FreeBSD under some sort of compatability mode?  I
> checked the CD out and it seems to come with Solaris, Unixware and
> DGUnix installers.

The Linux Oracle (no idea what versions) runs under FreeBSD. In fact,
although I don't really want to start this flame war again, I should
mention that some people claim the Linux versions runs _better_ under
FreeBSD than Linux.

To my knowledge, FreeBSD does not have any binary compatibility with
Solaris x86.