Date:      Mon, 29 Jul 1996 16:24:31 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Voice Shields, up!

A minor hack to mgetty.c and I am now able to display the current caller's
ID on the screen.

The script is very simple:
--
#!/bin/sh
# start the script \

set CallerId [lindex  $argv 0]
toplevel .msg
after 30000 exit

set i [tk_dialog .msg  " $CallerId  Rah's Phone System" \
 "$CallerId is Calling"  info 0 OK ]

exit

--
mgetty.c is part of mgetty+sendfax.

In mgetty.c , declare:
char **callerargv[3];

and right after the cndlookup call:

            callerargv[0] = "/usr/local/bin/callerid.tk";
            callerargv[1] = CallerId;
            callerargv[2] = 0;
            execv("/usr/local/bin/callerid.tk",  &callerargv);

I supposed that it will not be difficult to create a file to personalized
answering messages based on the callerid. Any takers?

vgetty is part of mgetty+sendfax and is in the freebsd ports directory:
ports/comms.

	Enjoy,
	Amancio