Date:      02 Apr 2002 14:29:35 -0800
From:      swear@blarg.net (Gary W. Swearingen)
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Enhance online reading.

Johann Frisch <jrf@subdimension.com> writes:

> With Mozilla you can go forward/backward with ALT-N/ALT-P. ALT-U
> takes you up one level and and ALT-H back home to the first page.
> In IE6  (didn't test older versions) these keyboard shortcuts
> activate the Previous/Next/Up/Home links and you just have to press
> RETURN. No need for forms or yucky JavaScript.

Netscape converted from most of the handy Emacs bindings to clunky M$
bindings many versions back, but v.4.77 apparently hasn't tracked IE6
yet so each of those ALT-* have different functions than in Mozilla.

(I've often wished for the features being discussed; maybe it'll be
enough to make me try Mozilla a third time.  I preferred Communicator's
UI, mostly for the status/transfer-rate mini-window, but it's probably
about time to switch; I'm sure there are more important things I'm
missing out on.  Not many more crashes, I hope.)